Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council's (TMBC) leisure centres have an ongoing aim of improving the quality of the service for all residents of the borough and to making access as easy as possible for everyone. The leisure centre buildings have been adapted in a number of ways to comply with the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act and staff have been provided with training to meet the needs of disabled customers.
Larkfield Leisure Centre, Angel Centre and Tonbridge Swimming Pool all have:
- Disabled parking spaces close to the entrance for disabled badge holders
- Automatic entrance doors and level access
- Low level reception desks
- Induction loops at service counters
- Dedicated changing and toilet facilities for people with disabilities
- Tactile signage
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Disabled access to the pools including hoists in the Fitness Pools. The Teaching Pool at Larkfield Leisure Centre has a hoist as does the Spa Pool at Tonbridge Swimming Pool
- A website browse aloud facility
- Access to centre literature in large print, braille and audio formats
- In addition Larkfield Leisure Centre has a Sports Hall viewing platform with a lift for wheelchair access
- Both Larkfield Leisure Centre and Tonbridge Swimming Pool's facilities are on one floor. The Angel Centre is based across two floors and has lift access.
We welcome all users and if you require any special assistance or information about our activities or facilities please contact us on 01732 359966.
Inclusive Fitness Facility
Larkfield Leisure Centre has gained national accreditation as an Inclusive Fitness Facility. The Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) is a programme supporting the fitness industry to become more inclusive, catering for the needs of disabled people with the aim of increasing physical activity participation levels. Through a range of projects and products the IFI supports facilities across England to create an inclusive service, increasing participation by disabled people.
The fundamental benefit of IFI accredited facilities is that they are inclusive. Any developments and enhancements made, not only actively target users such as disabled people, older adults and people with health impairments but they also benefit the entire community. For further information please contact us or look at the Inclusive Fitness Initative website.
Concessionary Membership and activity prices are available for the registered disabled through TMBC's Leisure Pass.
Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council are committed to improving accessibility to their services and facilities including their websites. As part of this drive our web pages have been speech enabled, not to replace screen readers for the blind, but to address the needs of those with reading difficulties, literacy problems, mild vision difficulties and where English is not a first language. Please click on the logo to download Browesaloud - further information on Browsealoud is available here.
|Print this page?|
|Last updated: 31/05/12 at 14:40:45
Office use only: 82/2013-12-01